U.S. Census Bureau announces Outreach Efforts to those who have not Responded
05/22/2020

All Area Census Offices (ACOs) have resumed operations, and Census enumerators are out in most of the area conducting field operations.  

A Census means a count of all residents living in the U.S. If a household does not self-respond, the Census Bureau will visit it in-person to collect the data in order to obtain a 100% overall response rate. Every 10 years, the United States counts everyone living in the country on April 1. Participating in the Census by completing your household's questionnaire is easy; it contains only ten basic questions and it should take about ten minutes to complete. 

How can people Self-respond?

Internet: The Census response website is live! Go directly to: https://my2020census.gov

Phone: Respond via phone: English: 844-330-2020 Spanish: 844-468-2020 Telephone Display Device (TDD): 844-467-2020

Mail: 20% of households will receive a paper form in the first wave of mailings, while the remaining 80% will receive an invitation to respond online. 

Who counts? Everyone!  Do include babies and young children (including foster children and any children in their care), relatives and non-relatives, and long-term visitors. Every single person counts in the #2020Census, from newborns to great - grandparents. Everyone living in your home counts on your #2020Census: Roommates, siblings, significant others — but not pets! Sorry, Spot! 

Everyone residing in the United States on April 1, 2020 is to be counted.

This includes:

• All residents regardless of documentation status

• Foreign students studying in the United States

• Migrant and seasonal workers including those on foreign work visas

• Those not living in traditional housing units (marinas, group homes, RV parks, cars, hotels/motels, outdoor locations, nursing homes, college dorms, prisons, etc.) Young Children (who either live in or temporarily residing in your household):

• 0-5 years old (newborns prior to and up to April 1, 2020; foster children; nieces/nephews; grandchildren; and/or great - grandchildren

• Children who split their time between your household and another household — they are living with you on April 1, 2020. (Do they live with you at least 50% of their time?) 

Residents meaning:

• Family and friends who are temporarily staying with you on April 1, 2020 and have no other usual place to live

• Another family residing with you on April 1, 2020

• Roommates

• Tenant (s) living in your home