If you need an address verification letter and live in City of Fredericksburg limits, then contact City of Fredericksburg Development Services Coordinator Shelby Collier at (830) 990-2013. 

Where do you purchase a blue house number sign? 

A blue 6" high x 12" wide reflective 9-1-1 house number plate with white numbers can be purchased at the Gillespie County Rural Addressing Office between 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. 

The Cost is $10.00, and you must present your official notification letter.  One double-sided plate is available per assigned house number. 

Only check or cash payment method is accepted. The $10 check must be made payable to "Gillespie County" and must include your DL # / Phone # / Birthdate information on it.  

* 101 West Main St. Mail Unit 9 Room B-101 *
* Fredericksburg, TX 78624-3700 *
* Phone 830-997-1726 * Fax 830-997-9867 *
Email:  rural911addr@gillespiecounty.org

Gillespie County Rural 9-1-1 Addressing

Raynell Wilke,
Rural Addressing Database Manager and County 9-1-1 Coordinator

New Procedures for Gillespie County Rural Addressing Office Due to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 concerns, business will only be handled via email, fax, telephone call, USPS mail, and limited walk-ins.  Our goal is to keep County Employees and their families healthy so that we can continue to assist our citizens of Gillespie County.  Thank you for your assistance, cooperation and understanding.  

How do you obtain an official physical address?

Please Provide information of the exact location of the driveway (or the planned future permanent driveway) - where you are turning off of the named road to get onto your property/habitable structure.  The address point measurement must be made within 35' of the center of the driveway.  

#1: Provide the GPS x,y longitude,latitude coordinates of the center of the driveway intersection with the named road.  OR

#2: Provide an aerial such as Google Map with a pin drop showing exactly where the driveway is.  OR

#3: Provide a full parcel site design plan from the builder showing where the new driveway is.  

Who do you need to notify of your correct new mailing address?   
#1: Contact the post office, appraisal district, all of your service providers, any subscriptions, personal and business interests, i.e. financial and insurance offices, and report the correct information. 
#2: Keep your official notification letter in your files to be able to provide a copy of it to any of the above.  
Is your home address, place of business, directions, etc. missing or not correct on an online Map?   
#1: Contact the map provider and report the correct information.
#2: Contact http://www.gps.gov/support/user/mapfix/ and report the correct information.  
Has your Blue Reflective 9-1-1 House Number Sign been stolen?
#1: Contact your Law Enforcement Agency and report the theft.
#2: Post your House Number again and Stay Vigilant of Your Neighborhood Happenings.