Home | Sitemap | Contact | Staff Portal | Web Site Accessibility
Veterans Service Officer
Accredited VA Representative
U.S. Navy Retired
Assistant, Veterans Service Officer
U.S. Air Force Retired
The Gillespie County Veterans Service Officer is responsible for assisting Armed Forces Veterans and their dependents who reside in Gillespie County of the legal benefits available to them under U. S. Federal and State laws. The Veterans Service Officer reports to the Commissioners Court and performs duties under the technical guidelines established by the Texas Veterans Commission and Federal Law under C.F.R. 38. There is no charge for our services.
This office does not adjudicate claims.
EFFECTIVE 1 June 2020: VETERANS SERVICE OFFICE NOTICE
The Veterans Service Office will continue to work by appointment only, in addition to assistance by telephone, email, fax and drop box. No walk-ins. Appointments will be scheduled by telephone only. It is requested that clients with a scheduled face to face appointment wear a mask or face covering. Appointments will be limited to one person. Public restrooms are located in Annex 2 Suite C. Thank you for your understanding.
EFFECTIVE 13 March 2020:
New Procedures for Veterans Service Office Appointments
Due to the Coronavirus concerns we will be changing the way the Veterans Service Office operates. Effective immediately we are implementing new procedures for appointments:
1. If you are sick, have a cold, cough, or flu, etc. please stay home. If you have a scheduled appointment with this office, please call and cancel the appointment and we can reschedule it or you can call back to reschedule when you are no longer ill.
2. We will work by APPOINTMENT ONLY. No walk-ins. Please call if you have a question or if you need to schedule an appointment. We will be doing extended telephone interview/appointments instead of automatically scheduling an in-person appointment.
3. If you need to provide us documents: DD-214, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate, Medical Records and you are able to scan and email these documents please do so. Otherwise we will tell you what to bring for a future in-person appointment.
4. If you leave a message, we will call you back in the order you called. This might be at the end of the day or the next day depending on the amount of telephone calls we have received.
5. Our goal is to keep VSO healthy so that we can continue to assist our many Veterans in Gillespie County. Thank you for your cooperation.
Office & Contact Information
Veterans Service Office
102 E San Antonio St
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
Telephone: (830) 997-3758
Fax: (830) 997-3245
Located: Annex 2 Bldg
(former clinic building)
Office Hours by
GILLESPIE COUNTY COURTHOUSE - Map
101 W Main St, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
PIONEER MEMORIAL LIBRARY - Map
115 W Main St, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
COUNTY YARD - FREDERICKSBURG - Map
2254 N US Highway 87, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
COUNTY YARD - HARPER - Map
125 S Ranch Road 783, Harper, TX 78631
COUNTY ANNEX 1 - Map
125 W Main St, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
COUNTY ANNEX 2 - Map
102 E San Antonio St, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
COUNTY ANNEX 3 - Map
95 Frederick Rd, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
LAW ENFORCEMENT CENTER (LEC) - Map
1601 E Main St, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
JAIL FACILITY - Map
104 Industrial Loop, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Copyright © 2016 - Gillespie County Texas
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM