- Texas driver's license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the cardholder’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the cardholder’s photograph
- United States passport
The following forms of ID will not be accepted:
- Student ID
- Utility bills
- Identity cards issued by employers
- Driver's license more than 60 days expired
Voters who do not have a valid form of ID can apply for an election identification certificate for no cost at any driver’s license office. The EIC is valid for six years, but any EIC issued to a voter older than 70 has no expiration date. There is no need to apply for the EIC if you already have one of the other six acceptable forms of ID.
The name on a voter’s identification must match the name on the county’s official list of registered voters. Each Voter needs to check how his/her name appears on the voter registration certificate by contacting the Tax Assessor Collector's Office. Voters who are casting their ballot by mail do not need photo identification.