Home | Sitemap | Contact | Staff Portal
August 2017: Disaster Assistance for Veterans - Benefits Information Brochure available.
click here for information
August 2017: Assistance for Veterans with hearing loss to obtain a free Cap Tel Captioned Telephone. The link below is the certification link to be certified by your physician or audiologist:
Heroes with Hearing Loss Link
The link to Cap Tel: http://www.hamiltoncaptel.com/veterans/
The link to Heroes with Hearing Loss, resource site: http://www.heroeswithhearingloss.org/solutions/
August 2017: For Military Retirees- There are currently no changes projected to Tricare for Life (for age 65 and older). Read the attached article about the changes to Tricare Standard and Tricare Prime for FY 2018 & 2019.
June 2017: Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers: for Post 9/11 Veterans who have a serious injury that happened in the line of duty after 9/11/2001. It is a program that may pay family caregivers to care for the Veteran.
click here for information
March 2017: VA's rule establishes presumption of service connection for diseases associated with exposure to contaminants in water supply at Camp Lejeune. If anyone needs assistance with filing a claim, contact 830-997-3758.
February 2017: Texas Veterans Land Board raises land loan limit to $150,000
February 2017: VA Health Eligibility Qualifications and New Prescription Copay Rates as of 27 February 2017.
January 2017: New VA Disability Presumptives for Camp Lejeune Contaminated Water / Submit Claims Now.
Click here for press release.
To clarify: This affects the water sources of Camp Lejeune which includes MCAS New River, satellite camps and base housing areas.
1. If you served there during the dates specified, you need to find proof that you served there for 30 days or more of CUMULATIVE days of active duty (5 days, 10 days, 15 days or continuous 30 days). Find copies of orders, training certificates, award citations, etc. Put a copy of the PROOF in your file with my office. This may require ordering your service records from the National Archives.
2. If you have a diagnosis of one of the 8 disabilities listed, then the above info applies (find proof of service) and then contact me for an appointment so that I can give you the appropriate (DBQ) Disability Benefits Questionnaire for your physician to complete with supporting private treatment records.
January 2017: DoD Announces New Outreach Efforts to Veterans Regarding Discharges and Military Records
December 2016: Linked article outlines the latest change in the law that governs DFAS and the military taxing medical separation from the service due to combat related injuries since 1991. Anyone who was separated from the military due to a combat related injury since 1991 was taxed by DFAS at the 25% rate, and they should NOT have been, congress has ordered DFAS to contact the veterans and inform them how to seek relief. The VA sometimes recouped the money that was severance pay, but was not supposed to for combat injuries/conditions per the PEB/MEB/IDES paperwork.
click here for information...
Veterans Service Office
102 E San Antonio St
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
Telephone: (830) 997-3758
Fax: (830) 997-3245
Located: Annex 2 Bldg
(former clinic building)
Adult Volunteers Needed
The Fredericksburg High School Navy JROTC unit needs adult drivers to help the cadets put out and pickup flags on holidays. If you can help even one holiday per year, please contact CAPT George T. Fadok, Senior Naval Science Instructor, via phone (830) 997-7551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The dates flags are set out are:
- Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday, third Monday of January
- President's Day, third Monday of February
- Armed Forces Day & Peace Officer/EMS Recognition Day, third Saturday of May
- Memorial Day, last Monday of May
- Flag Day, 14th of June
- Independence Day, 4th of July
- Gillespie County Fair Day, fourth Friday of August
- 9-11 Remembrance Day, 11th of September
- POW-MIA Day and Constitution Day, third Friday of September
- Columbus Day, second Monday of October
- Election Day, first Tuesday of November every even year
- Veteran's Day, 11th of November
- Pearl Harbor Day, 7th of December
COUNTY EXTENSION AGRILIFE OFFICE - Map
95 Frederick Rd, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
COUNTY YARD - HARPER - Map
125 S Ranch Road 783, Harper, TX 78631
USDA FSA NRCS FACILITY - Map
1906 N Llano St, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
JAIL FACILITY - Map
104 Industrial Loop, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Copyright © 2016 - Gillespie County Texas
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM